Wednesday, December 16, 2009

People said you were a living train wreck, I said, I'd like to drive that train...



Sigh...dear Courtney:

I think my vast reading audience will back me up when I say I've given you the benefit of the doubt many times in the past.

You said Britney Spears had been molested by her own father. I said I couldn't immediately dismiss the idea. You rambled incoherently on the David Letterman show. I said I understood you.

That sort of thing.

But there comes a time, Courtney my love, when even I must draw the line.

I can believe that it must have been deeply troubling and painful for you to lose custody of your daughter.

I can even believe that it broke your heart.

What I can't believe, is that you would then take all this trouble and pain and heartbreak and use it to talk trash about your own fucking kid on Facebook.

What a great way to signal that yours is the best, most stable influence to have around as your daughter spends her final months of legal childhood.

I love you, Courtney, I support you, I believe in you. I want to see you wow the hipsters once again. You symbolize something to me even though I'm not always sure what.

I think you're fucked up, but I also think you're a strong woman.

I hope you'll get help.

I hope you're not crazy.

No comments: