Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Opening Theme

Ok. Having grown tired of waiting for Blogger to get around to resolving their issue with my Dancing Girls blog, I have decided simply to start another.

Like that one was, this blog is meant to contain two main things. First, a genuine appreciation of (and for) women, from the Braga family to Megan Fox to Elizabeth Hurley to the women of Mad Men.

I say "a genuine appreciation," because I don't think you'd have to look very long to find blogs that may claim to like women, but more clearly seem to hate and/or fear them, or see them merely as sexual receptacles. This is not one of those blogs.

The second thing this blog is meant to contain is a sense of humor, but particuarly, not one where women are always the butt of the joke.

Sometimes, they will be. If a woman does or says something that I find 'tis to giggle over, by god, I will giggle over it. And invite you, my (I hope) soon-to-be vast reading audience, to join in my merry laughter.

But that laughter should always come because the woman in question has done something laughable. It won't merely be an excuse to put down a hot and sexy woman.

One more thing. The title of this blog was taken from this 1984 Stephen 'Tin Tin' Duffy song of the same name.


I actually admire the album version slightly more than this extended one, but it's not without its charm, and just so you have a chance to hear it if you'd so like...

1 comment:

Keith said...

Hey Ben. So what exactly happened with Dancing Girls anyway? Sad to see it go. I look forward to this blog. I think it's a great idea. I loved what you did at your other blog and I'm sure this one will be awesome too. Good luck. Cheers!