Tuesday, November 17, 2009

News you can use:

In Paris, it is (technically, still) unlawful for women to wear trousers.


Inspired by Helmut 1
Originally uploaded by
strobe_flash


As you might imagine, I have a couple of responses to that.

First of all, I still marvel that pants on women were ever considered controversial.













I've said it before, I'll say it again:Anyone who thinks women can't be feminine in pants has never walked behind one.

Second (and this one took a minute to dawn on me)...maybe like you, I had always heard that there was a place in France where the ladies wore no pants. Who knew it was Paris? And that it was a matter of law?

PS: Wondering why the law remains on the books? Well, this may explain it:

According to the source, the law states that a woman daring to wear trousers "must present herself to Paris's main police station to obtain authorization."


"Est-ce que M. Policeman, je dois enlever mon pantalon?"

No comments: