Sunday, November 15, 2009

I'm just not sure about most of these

Let's look at a few photos from a recent book launch in Beverly Hills. I feel like unleashing my inner bitch.

First, Emma Roberts.

Is it me, or does the look on her face say:

"Yeah, I know, I can't wait to get home so I can step out of this mistake too, let's just take the pictures and get on wth our lives?"

2. I never thought I'd say this, but:

Rose McGowan is morphing from a sometimes breathtakingly beautiful girl (see above) into a kind of jocky man (see below).

Compare and contrast, that's all I'm saying.

3. Hoo boy. Now this next one, I'm really not sure how I feel about.
On the one hand, it's Chloe Sevigny, who actually may be living down a certain Vincent Gallo film; who I like and find kind of adorable and to whom I have been known to refer as "My future second wife."

But on the other, it seems to be trying just a little too hard to work the "girl next door from the waist down, from the waist up, hello, boys!" thing.

Finally, Christina Ricci. This one took a minute to grow on me.

At first I thought she'd returned to the "tits on a stick" look I find so distressing (granted, they're very nice tits, but still, I find it distressing).

But upon closer inspection I think she's just settled into a body that's more comfortable for her; that and the naughty twinkle in her eye won me over.

No comments: