Tuesday, December 6, 2011

You tell 'em, Courtney!

So: Late last month this story started going around the gossip mags and blogs. It started like this:
Courtney Love reportedly trying to help Lindsay Lohan out.
But was quickly followed by the clarifying question:



Is Courtney Love Lindsay Lohan’s Sobriety Coach?
And then answered:



Courtney Love Is Lindsay Lohan's New Sobriety Coach!


See, all this stems from some quotes Love gave:
Courtney has taken the reins as LiLo's sobriety coach. She said she did because nobody else will.


The Hole singer says that LiLo has it worse than she did because she didn't have to deal with tabloids and gossip sites.
Courtney's M.O. is using her experiences to educated Lindsay.
She recounts a lesson she gave the starlet:
I went up to Lindsay's room one time and there was a show on called '101 Celebrity Oops' and I am like every other one, you know - boobs out, legs everywhere, throwing s**t at Madonna...


Some, however, remained skeptical, and the headlines returned to



Lindsay Lohan’s sobriety coach is... Courtney Love?


And soon more began to question it:



Courtney Love Claims She's Lindsay Lohan's Sobriety Coach


Courtney Love Says She's Lindsay Lohan's Sobriety Coach


Finally, the word came down:

Rep Insists Courtney Love Is Not Lindsay Lohan's Sober Coach.


What no one seems to have considered...is the possibility that Courtney Love was joking when she said she was Lindsay Lohan's new sobriety coach...which seems to me a lot more likely.

See, here's where my thing for miss Love stems from more than me just thinking she's hot. I've felt for a while now that even when she seems incoherent to most (which I grant you is a lot of the time), I understood exactly what she was talking about.

In a similar way to how I always thought I understood exactly what "Strawberry Fields Forever" meant & didn't understand all the books puzzling about it.

This understanding is, no doubt, down to my being an advanced and evolved hetero.

I get you, girl!

No comments: