Friday, June 18, 2010

Awesomeness!

Sarah Polley continues to make me feel like a coward in life, due to all she's accomplished by 31 years old, but strangely, I don't resent her for it.

Instead, my reaction to this news:

A lot of time has recently gone into writing her first original screenplay (Away from Her earned an Academy Award nomination for Polley's adaptation of Alice Munro's story The Bear Came Over the Mountain). Take This Waltz, inspired by the Leonard Cohen song, made it onto a list of best unproduced scripts before Polley secured funding, which puzzles her a bit since the money came more easily for this one than it did for her first feature.

She also humbly expresses surprise that her new project attracted an impressively hip cast: Seth Rogen, Michelle Williams, Sarah Silverman, Luke Kirby.

“It bewilders me,” she says. “I was so thrilled. In my wildest dreams I couldn't have imagined that I would get those four actors in my film. I think they're all brilliant, and my first choices for every part.”


...was...well...the title of this post.

A new Sarah Polley film, inspired by a Leonard Cohen song, starring Michelle Williams and Sarah Silverman? Awesomeness!

No comments: