Wednesday, February 3, 2010

I suppose if this were an issue, I really ought to be willing to dip my dick in chocolate, too



The Huff' Post has a link up to a piece on AlterNet about
the 6 Weirdest Things Women do to their vaginas.


Here's a couple that I knew about.

If looked at askance.

In case you think vaginal deodorant is a relic of the past, just take a trip to the drug store. (I did, and I took notes. The staff of my local Walgreens is convinced that I'm both very thorough and that my vagina smells really bad.)


Pick up a box of Summer's Eve Douche, and you'll find warnings that douching has been associated with PID (Pelvic Inflamatory Disease), ectopic pregnancy and infertility. Right next to the suggestion that women douche after their menstrual period, after using contraceptive jellies and creams and to "clear out any vaginal secretions." So basically, any time your vagina isn't as dry as a British sitcom.


This next one, however, is new to me, but has instantly become my personal favorite:

5. Problem: Your Vagina Tastes Bad

Solution: Vagina Mints


...the vagina mint is no different from a regular mint. In other words, it's made out of sugar. And putting sugar-based mint directly into your vagina is a recipe for a mint-flavored yeast infection.


The Huff' Post then adds a seventh:

gluing shiny things on your vadge.

In Jennifer Love Hewitt's new dating book, she apparently devotes a whole chapter to the subject. Here's Hewitt on 'Lopez Tonight':

"After a breakup, a friend of mine Swarovski-crystalled my precious lady," she said.


Let the record show that I have never been reluctant to give partners cunnilingus for any reason of smell, cleanliness, or taste. I do think, however, that I would be hesitant to go down on any woman who referred to her vagina as "my precious lady."

No comments: