Sunday, January 3, 2010

Funniest story about two grieving widowers ever

(Included here because I feel it speaks something to the "story" I'm trying to tell with this blog)

This is from the same Nicholas Meyer memoir I mentioned at one of my other blogs earlier today. He's talking here about the years following the death of his first wife.

While directing a film, he'd become friends with Pierce Brosnan, who lost his own first wife to the same disease a handful of years earlier. Meyer writes:

Brosnan and I would lunch in Westwood on a regular basis and compare widower's notes. Occasionally we'd include other guys whose wives had died, but mainly it was just the two of us, taking each other's pulse. At one of these lunches he started to talk about Cassie and soon tears were rolling down his cheeks. I brought up Lauren and shortly I was weeping, too. At this point, while sobbing into our gazpachos, a lovely girl with a great bosom walked by and we both instinctively turned to admire her. Then we looked at each other, caught in the act, and began to laugh while still crying.


Hmph. Men!

1 comment:

Jupiter Family said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.